Your Information on the Internet
Consider how you are sharing your Private information, (full name, real birthday, address…) What do you say through:
- Sharing through chat/posts
- Filling out contest surveys
- Posting on message boards
- File Sharing
Websites can already determine your information through:
- Your Internet Provider (eg. Rogers, Telus)
- Your computer name
- Your I.P. address
- Cookies that are lodged on your hard-drive.
- The last web site you visited.
- The plug-ins installed on your system (eg. Flash, Shockwave)
- Companies that you use to create new log-ins (Google, Twitter, Facebook)
It is important to use Applications that search your computer for spyware, like Adaware. It is also important to empty your web-browser’s cache after each use.