The following student registration information is for families born outside of Canada and who are not yet Canadian citizens (Work Permit/Study Permit/PR/Refugee families).
Newcomer Welcome Centre
Welcome and thank you for choosing Langley! For families that qualify, the District’s goal is to review documents and waive international student fees as soon as possible. The Newcomer Welcome Centre is open year-round. Once fees are waived, families can register throughout the school year.
If you have arrived in Canada with a work permit, study permit, PR/Refugee families or visitor record, you will need to visit the school board office in-person to register your child. The office is located at 4875 – 222 Street, Langley, BC. Registrations will NOT be completed online or by email.
Do you qualify for funded education as a parent on work/study permit?
- You must live in Langley.
If you hold a work permit:
- The work permit must be valid for a year or more.
- You must be employed for a minimum of 20 hours/week earning at least minimum wage.
If you hold a study permit:
- The study permit must be valid for a year or more.
- You must be studying in a degree or diploma granting program at a public post-secondary institution or studying in a degree granting program at a private post-secondary institution authorized by the BC Ministry of Advanced Education.
If you are unsure whether you meet the criteria above, please call 604-534-7891 or email: email@example.com