The Langley School District welcomes new kindergarten students to our schools. Our teachers and staff are excited to meet your family. All children who will be five years old by December 31, 2023 (children born in 2018) are eligible for the Kindergarten program beginning September 5, 2023.
To register for Kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year, please get in contact with your child’s catchment school.
If you still need to register for the 2022-2023 school year, please contact your catchment school.
Please review the following information outlining documents needed and instructions to help register new learners. To find your child’s catchment school, use our school locator tool here.
It is important to note, children who have been accepted into Kindergarten entry at a District Choice Program for the 2023-2024 school year do not need to register at their catchment school.
If you have any general questions about kindergarten registration, please contact your catchment school or the District by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to produce the following documents:
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status for both student and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of residence (mortgage papers, Property Tax Notice, BC Driver’s Licence, Photo BC Services Card, subject-free purchase agreement [less than 6 month move-in date], utility bill)
- Current vaccination records* (school does not retain a copy)
- Registration Form (also available at child’s school)
You will need to do the following:
- Complete registration form (attached fillable pdf) and have documents ready. See above checklist. To ensure accuracy, filling out the form electronically is preferred over handwritten submissions.
- Submit documents online via email to the school. Please visit your school’s website for specific instructions.
- If you require additional support, contact your catchment school to seek help with accommodating your needs.
If you have arrived in Canada with a work permit, study permit or visitor record, you will need to contact the School District Office at:
- 604-534-7891 or
For information on registering students in grades 1 –12, please visit our page here.
*Helpful resources regarding vaccination records from Immunize BC:
I don’t know if my child has been vaccinated – how can I find out?
I don’t have my child’s immunization record – how do I get a copy?
Cross Boundary Registration
To register your child in a kindergarten program outside of your catchment area, please contact your catchment school and follow the process outlined for Cross Boundary Registration.
Important Information Regarding Application to Programs of Choice
Online Application – All Parents Letter – August 29, 2016
Choice Program Children who are currently on the District Master List
Family Accident Reimbursement Plan Voluntary Insurance
Families have the option of purchasing insurance for their child/children through the Family Accident Reimbursement Plan Voluntary Insurance. Enrolment in the program can be done online. For more information and to apply for coverage, visit this page here: https://www.solutionsinsurance.com/aonbc.
Read our Kindergarten Brochure.