The Langley School District welcomes new Kindergarten students to our schools. Our teachers and staff are excited to meet your family. All children who will be five years old by December 31, 2021 (children born in 2016) are eligible for the Kindergarten program beginning September 7, 2021. Registration for Kindergarten will begin on the third Monday in January of the year for which the child is eligible.
Registration is currently closed, and will reopen in spring 2022. All registration takes place at neighbourhood schools and is not available at the School Board Office. Registration is not available during spring break.
Each school will outline their own process for collecting documents.
Please note: This registration process is the same for ALL grades (1-12).
Please review the following information outlining documents needed and instructions to help register new learners. Due to COVID-19, our schools will be modifying registration this year to meet health and safety guidelines and support the needs of families. If you have any general questions about Kindergarten registration, please contact your catchment school or the District by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You MUST register through your catchment school. To find your child’s catchment school, use our school locator tool here.
You will need to produce the following documents:
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status for both student and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of residence (mortgage papers, Property Tax Notice, BC Driver’s Licence, subject-free purchase agreement [less than 6 month move-in date], utility bill)
- Current vaccination records* (school does not retain a copy)
- Registration Form (also available at child’s school)
You will need to do the following:
- Complete registration form (fillable pdf) and have documents ready. See above checklist.
- Submit documents online or in-person. Online is strongly encouraged. Please visit your catchment school’s website for specific instructions beginning on Monday, January 18, 2021. To access your catchment school’s website, visit this page here.
NOTE: For online registrations, please submit documents as attachments and not images inserted into email. This will streamline the process for both parents/guardians and staff. For in-person registrations, please take note of scheduled dates/times available and abide by COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- Once your child’s information has been received, you will receive confirmation from the school informing you it has been received, information, and further instructions (if necessary).
If you have arrived in Canada with a work permit, study permit or visitor record, you will need to contact the School District Office at:
- 604-534-7891 or
For information on registering students in grades 1 –12, please visit our page here.
*Helpful resources regarding vaccination records from Immunize BC:
Cross Boundary Registration
To register your child in a Kindergarten program outside of your catchment area, please contact your catchment school and follow the process outlined for Cross Boundary Registration.
Important Information Regarding Application to Programs of Choice
Family Accident Reimbursement Plan Voluntary Insurance
Families have the option of purchasing insurance for their child/children through the Family Accident Reimbursement Plan Voluntary Insurance. Enrolment in the program can be done online. For more information and to apply for coverage, visit this page here: https://www.solutionsinsurance.com/aonbc.
Read our Kindergarten Brochure.