The Langley School District welcomes new Kindergarten students to our schools. Our teachers and staff are excited to meet your family. All children who will be five years old by December 31, 2023 (children born in 2018) are eligible for the Kindergarten program beginning September 5, 2023.
Due to continued growth in student enrolment, the Langley School District will be making registration available during the summer months. The District will continue to do its best to assure spaces for catchment students at neighbourhood schools. Please carefully review the specific dates, instructions, and required documents below.
Kindergarten Registration Dates and Instructions for the 2023-2024 school year:
Beginning Tuesday, July 4th to Friday, August 25th, families can register their child by visiting the school board office in-person during office hours. The office is located at 4875 – 222 Street, Langley, BC. Registrations will NOT be completed online or by email.
Elementary school offices will be open on Monday, August 28th. To allow school staff to prepare, NO registrations will be accepted at elementary schools on Monday, August 28th.
Beginning Tuesday, August 29th families can register their child at their catchment school, except for families born outside of Canada and who are not yet Canadian citizens. To find your child’s catchment school, use our school locator tool here.
It is important to note, children who have been accepted into Kindergarten entry at a District Choice Program for the 2023-2024 school year do not need to register at their catchment school.
If you have any general questions about Kindergarten registration, please contact the school board office or email: email@example.com.
Kindergarten Registration Required Documents
You will need to produce the following documents:
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate)
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status for both student and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of residence (mortgage papers, Property Tax Notice, BC Driver’s Licence, Photo BC Services Card, subject-free purchase agreement [less than 6 month move-in date], utility bill)
- Current vaccination records* (school does not retain a copy)
- Registration Form (also available at child’s school)
You will need to do the following:
- Complete registration form (see fillable pdf above) and have documents ready. See above checklist. To ensure accuracy, filling out the form electronically is preferred over handwritten submissions.
- Submit documents to the school board office staff or school office staff depending on the date of registration.
- If you require additional support, contact your catchment school to seek help with accommodating your needs.
Student Registration for Newcomers to Canada
If you have arrived in Canada with a work permit, study permit or visitor record, you will need to visit the school board office in-person during office hours to register your child. Please refer to the webpage here. If you have any questions, please contact the school board office at:
- 604-534-7891 or
For information on registering students in grades 1 –12, please visit our page here.
*Helpful resources regarding vaccination records from Immunize BC:
Read our Kindergarten Brochure.