The ongoing goal of Summer Session in the Langley School District is to provide short term educational opportunities every summer for students that support them in their long term educational development and inspire them to reach their full potential.
Every year, Summer Session provides an opportunity for grade 1-12 students from Langley and neighbouring regions to get extra help, explore areas of interest and stay connected with their learning during the summer. On average over the last two years registration for Summer Session in the Langley School District has been over 4000 students per summer.
Registration for Summer Session will open online and in person on April 4, 2017. Please check back here for more information once the planning is finalized.
Summer Session Dates / Locations
Plans for Summer Session 2017 are still in the final planning stage, but the following general information is available now:
- Secondary, Full Credit, Grade 10/11/12 – July 6 to August 10 at Brookswood Secondary and Walnut Grove Secondary
- Secondary, Academic Remedial, Grade 8/9 – July 6 to August 2 at Brookswood Secondary only
- Secondary, Academic Remedial Math 8/9 – July 6 to August 2 at Brookswood Secondary and Walnut Grove Secondary
- Elementary and Middle Years, Grade 1 to 8 – July 10 to July 28, at a variety of locations across the Langley School District. The locations are still being finalized and this information will be updated as soon as possible.
- NOTE: Elementary Program at Blacklock Fine Arts runs July 17 to August 4
Important update for Summer Session 2017: please note that due to the construction happening at Langley Secondary School over the next few years, LSS will not be used as a location for Summer Session. As noted above, Brookswood Secondary is being used as a replacement location, along with Walnut Grove Secondary.
Summer Session Brochures
Summer Session brochures for all programs will be available here and will also be available in district schools and the School Board office once all details are finalized for this year. Please continue to check back here as we get closer to registration.