The ongoing goal of Summer Session in the Langley School District is to provide short term educational opportunities every summer for students that support them in their long term educational development and inspire them to reach their full potential. Every year, Summer Session provides an opportunity for grade 1-12 students from Langley and neighbouring regions to get extra help, explore areas of interest and stay connected with their learning during the summer. On average, over the last few years, registration for Summer Session in the Langley School District has been nearly 5000 students.
Registration for Summer Session 2017 is now open both online and in-person.*
*Please note: On July 6, students wanting to register for summer session will be directed to Langley Education Centre (LEC) for registration as the registration area at the School Board Office will be closed for this day only. LEC will be open for summer session registration 9:30-3:30pm on July 6th only. On the first day of Summer Session, please have students report to the school at which they are registered for all inquiries.
Summer Session 2017 Information Brochures
- View or download the Elementary (Grade 1-5) Brochure
- View or download the Middle Years (Grade 6-8) Brochure
- View or download the Secondary (Grade 8-12) Brochure
Detailed course descriptions are available in the registration area here: https://sd35.coresolutions.ca/. From the link, choose ‘Browse class offerings’. Please note that Elementary students should register for the grade they are currently in – for example, a current grade 4 student (that will begin their new grade 5 in September) should register for a grade 4 Summer Session.
Summer Session Dates / Locations
- Elementary and Middle Years, Grade 1 to 8 – July 10 to July 28 at:
- Belmont Elementary
- James Kennedy Elementary
- Langley Fine Arts School
- Lynn Fripps Elementary
- Parkside Elementary
- Richard Bulpitt Elementary
- Yorkson Creek Elementary
- Outdoor / Location Based Programs at Various Regional Parks
- Elementary and Middle Years, Grade 1 to 8 – July 17 to August 4 at Blacklock Fine Arts
- Secondary, Full Credit, Grade 10/11/12 – July 6 to August 10 at Brookswood Secondary and Walnut Grove Secondary
- Secondary, Academic Remedial, Grade 8/9 – July 6 to August 2 at Brookswood Secondary only
- Secondary, Academic Remedial and Preview Math 8/9 – July 6 to August 2 at Brookswood Secondary and Walnut Grove Secondary
Important update for Summer Session 2017: please note that due to the construction happening at Langley Secondary School over the next few years, LSS will not be used as a location for Summer Session. As noted above, Brookswood Secondary is being used as a replacement location, along with Walnut Grove Secondary.