The SWIS program provides information & orientation services to new immigrants and refugees in Langley. SWIS also provide needs assessments, action plans & holistic case management services to newcomers with limited English or other settlement needs.
SWIS workers can assist you:
- Register for school and connect with your child’s teacher and school programs
- Apply for your Permanent Resident card, CareCard, Social Insurance Number, tax benefits, BC Housing, Rental Assistance, Child Care Subsidy and more!
- Register for adult language classes (LINC) or adult education
- Make connections to other community programs and services!
- Workshops & orientation sessions on the BC school system, post-secondary education, parenting, life in Canada, community services and much more!
- Conversation circles to meet others and practice English