The Career Discoveries Program provides work experience opportunities for students with moderate intellectual disabilities.
The Career Discoveries staff:
- work with secondary school teachers to assist them in the development of Pre-Employment Programs in the school setting
- offer Career Awareness Tours to generate awareness of typical duties and entry level positions and to stimulate appropriate work-site based training situations for students with intellectual disabilities
- seek out appropriate work experience placements within the Langley community
- provide supported work experiences for students, including job coaching, monitoring and evaluating the students’ progress
- offer inservice for secondary teachers and support staff