Participate with your young child (aged birth to five) in a free, play-based program. StrongStart BC programs provide rich learning environments designed for early learning development – language, physical, cognitive, social and emotional. Qualified early childhood educators employed by the Langley School District lead learning activities where children find opportunity to make friends and interact with others of similar ages.
The overall learning experience is shared as parents and caregivers attend with their children and are encouraged to get involved in activities like telling stories, playing games and serving healthy snacks. Join us to learn new ways to support your children’s learning, get information about community programs and services and make valuable connections with others attending the program. Centres are open Mondays through Fridays, except on school holidays and Pro-D days. In the event of inclement weather or power outages, call the school before you come or check the school websites.
The Langley School District is so excited to be offering face-to-face StrongStart sessions again for families.
Due to COVID-19, we have made some changes in how StrongStart is offered. Sessions will be shorter, some sessions will only be offered outside, and attendance numbers will be limited. Handwashing procedures will also be in place, as well as mandatory mask wearing for adults.
We follow the guidance from the Ministry of Health and BC Centre of Disease Control as referenced in the following:
- BCCDC COVID-19 Public Guidelines
- BCCDC Child Care, Schools & Camps
- BC Provincial COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines for K-12 Setting
At no cost to families, StrongStart is offered at nine Langley locations.
Please choose one site only as your home centre. For health and safety and space limitation reasons you will not be permitted to register at more than one site.
- note that only one adult may attend with children from the same family bubble per session.
- wear a mask at all times (adults only).
- limit the number of personal items brought into the StrongStart space.
- bring your registration and supporting identification with you.
- complete the required Health Check Form before gaining access to the centre.
- refer to the form for a health check before entering the centre on the days you attend.
- Online session sign-up is required in order to attend.
- Please sign your child(ren) up for only one inside session per week. You may sign up for a second session if one is outdoors.
- Sign-up HERE
- All indoor and outdoor sessions will be for 4 families maximum.
StrongStart Closure Dates:
|October 12||Stat Holiday - Thanksgiving|
|October 23||Professional Development Day|
|October 26||Administration Day|
|November 11||Stat Holiday - Remembrance Day|
|November 23||Administration Day|
|December 16||Last day with families before winter break|
|December 17||Administration Day|
|December 18||Administration Day|
|January 5||Strong Start Closure|
|January 6||Open to families|
|February 12||Professional Development Day|
|February 15||Stat Holiday - Family Day|
|February 22||Administration Day|
|March 12||Administration Day|
|March 15 to 26||Closure - Spring Break|
|April 2||Stat Holiday - Easter Friday|
|April 5||Stat Holiday - Easter Monday|
|May 21||Professional Development Day|
|May 24||Stat Holiday - Victoria Day|
|June 22||Last day with families|