Summer Strong Start
Participate with your young child (aged birth to five) in a free, play-based, drop-in program. StrongStart BC programs provide rich learning environments designed for early learning development – language, physical, cognitive, social and emotional. Qualified early childhood educators lead learning activities where children find opportunity to make friends and interact with others of similar ages.
The overall learning experience is shared as parents and caregivers attend with their children and are encouraged to get involved in activities like telling stories, playing games and serving healthy snacks. Join us to learn new ways to support your children’s learning, get information about community programs and services and make valuable connections with others attending the program.
At no cost to families, StrongStart is offered at nine Langley locations. Register at each location upon first visit.
- Langley Meadows (604-530-4101) 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Nicomekl (604-533-1468)) 9:00am to 12:00pm
- North Otter (604-856-3355)) 8:30am to 11:30am
- Parkside Centennial (604-856-7775)) 8:35am to 11:35am
- Simonds (604-530-2361)) 9:00am to 12:00pm
- West Langley (604-888-6444)) 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Douglas Park (604-533-4491) 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- James Hill (604-530-0251) 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Willoughby (604-888-6033) 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Centres are open Mondays through Fridays, except on school holidays and Pro-D days. Inclement weather or power outage? Call the school before you come. Parents/caregivers play with their child and other children, and share ideas about parenting. They learn methods, games, songs, rhymes, books, story-telling and reading techniques that are used by the Early Childhood Educator in the Centre.