Students earn high school course credits, as well as post-secondary credits, while training to gain the required skills and knowledge to become a Level 1 apprentice upon program completion. (Program Details listed below the video)
Program Length and Dates
- For Grade 12 students only
- Runs February to July
- 1 semester, 24 week program
What do you learn?
- Skills and knowledge to start working in the electrical trade
- Planning, assembling, installing, testing, repairing and maintaining electrical equipment and systems.
What do you leave with upon successful completion of the program?
Credit leading to:
- BCIT’s Electrical Foundation Certificate of Trades Training
- 18 credits (6 courses) of secondary school graduation credit
- Technical training for Level 1 Apprenticeship
What do you need to get into the program?
- Genuine interest and drive to become an electrician
- intention to graduate
- Commitment to learning the skills, knowledge and attitude required to do well in this field
- Math 12, Physics 11, Eng 12 or Comm 12