The Langley School District offers the ITA Youth TRAIN in Trades Piping/Plumbing Foundation program at Langley Secondary School. This program, in partnership with BCIT, offers Langley students the opportunity to participate in Level 1 certified ITA training.
Students earn high school course credits, as well as post-secondary credits, while training to gain the required skills and knowledge to become a Level 1 apprentice upon program completion. (Program Details listed below the video)
Program Length and Dates
- For Grade 11 and 12 students
- Runs February to following January
- 2 semesters
What do you learn?
- Skills and knowledge to start working the piping trades; plumbing, gas fitting, steam fitting and sprinkler fitting
What do you leave with upon successful completion of the program?
- Credit for at least 4 high school courses (16 credits) and as many as 9 courses (36 credits)
- Level 1 piping trade apprenticeship training
- Practical work experience in the field
- Credit leading to BCIT’s ELTT Piping Trades Certificate
- ITA Registration
What do you need to get into the program?
- Genuine interest in piping/plumbing
- Grade 10 completion plus any Math 11 and Eng 11 or Comm 11
- Intention to graduate
- Commitment to learning the skills, knowledge and attitude required to do well in this field