The Langley School District offers the ITA Youth TRAIN in Trades Carpentry program at Aldergrove Community Secondary school. This program, in partnership with Kwantlen Polytechnic University, offers Langley students the opportunity to participate in Level 1 certified ITA training.
Students earn high school course credits, as well as post-secondary credits, while training to gain the required skills and knowledge to become a Level 1 apprentice upon program completion. (Program Details listed below the video)
Program Length and Dates
- For Grade 11 and 12 students
- Runs February to July
- 1 semester and July work experience
What do you learn?
- Skills and knowledge to start working in the construction/carpentry industry
- Level 1 Carpentry trade skills
What do you leave with upon successful completion of the program?
- credit for 5 high school courses (20 credits)
- Level 1 carpentry apprenticeship training
- some practical work experience in the field
- College credits leading to Kwantlen’s Citation in ELTT Carpentry/Construction
- ITA Registration
What do you need to get into the program?
- Grade 10 completion plus any Math 11 and Eng 11 or Comm. 11
- genuine interest in construction
- commitment to learning the skills, knowledge and attitudes required to do well in the field
- intention to graduate