The Custodial Services Department is responsible for the cleaning of district facilities. The mandate of the department is to provide a clean and comfortable environment to enhance the learning experiences of students, teachers and all other building users.
Maintenance services are provided by the Maintenance Department. The department is responsible for the efficient and safe operations of district facilities and grounds. Services provided by the Maintenance Department include preventative maintenance of building systems, repairs of structural and mechanical components, landscaping upkeep, and other maintenance work.
District personnel can submit a work order for situations that are considered routine maintenance or requests for service. Work orders are processed using the District Work Order Management System which known as (Ameresco).
Examples of routine maintenance and service requests are:
- Electrical repairs
- Carpentry repairs
- Heating/air conditioning repairs
- Plumbing repairs
- Grounds upkeep
- Cartage (stage risers, choral risers, tables)
- Requests for rental custodians
- Fire extinguisher repair or replacement
- Pest Control
- Repair of custodial equipment
- Graffiti removal
- Painting (Interior, exterior)
These would be considered alterations to an existing facility under a designated dollar value.
Examples of minor renovations include:
- Conversion of two classrooms into a library
- Improve general office area
- Conversion of classroom to staff room
- Air-conditioning for computer room
Some specialized requests are first evaluated by district staff, and if approved, work is then performed on a priority basis as funds become available.
Examples of specialized requests include:
- Carpet or tile replacement
New Services and Equipment
Schools considering the purchase of new equipment or services should first consult with the Maintenance Department to ensure purchases are in compliance with any applicable codes, regulations, standards, etc..
Examples of school initiated purchases include:
- White boards to replace existing green boards
- Supply and installation of stage lights
- Installation of new shop equipment and appliances
- Additional doors cut into classroom either exterior or interior
- Installation of exhaust fans in photocopy room
- Upgrading or installation of new playground or outdoor furniture
The Transportation Services Department is responsible for the movement of students and goods throughout the District.
Distribution Services is composed of an internal school district mail service, and a furniture delivery service. Internal mail is delivered to all schools and service facilities twice each week. The furniture truck deals primarily with larger items which must be moved from one facility to another. These items include stages, choral risers, band instruments, desks, chairs, and a large variety of other materials. Requests to move these goods are made through the District Work Order Management System.
School Bus Services
Langley School District offers bus service to students. Fees and regulations regarding assignment of seats can be found on the back page of the Transportation Requisition form below. The buses are also available for school-sponsored fleet trips.
For bus registration or details about transportation, please visit the transportation page.