Staff News: December 2015
December 16, 2015
The District Leadership Team would like to take this opportunity to wish the entire staff of the District all the best for the holidays and hope that each and every one of you has time to spend with family and friends over the season. We are looking forward to the New Year and hope that each of you come back from your Christmas break refreshed and ready to go for an exciting 2016!
Admin Moves, Changing Assignments and New Staff
Please congratulate (and welcome!) the following administrators to their upcoming new roles:
- Edna Schuerhaus will be joining the Admin Team at the SBO in the career ed department mainly working on work experience opportunities as well as career and trade initiatives.
- Logan Kitteringham will be joining our administrative team, replacing Edna as Vice-Principal at WGSS.
- Kevan Reeve will be replacing the soon to be retiring Tim Everson at YCMS.
- Zoltan Bako will be replacing Kevan at BGMS.
- Derek McCracken will be replacing Zoltan at Topham.
- Diana Wilk will be replacing Derek at Glenwood.
- Meena Sangha will be replacing Diana as District VP of Learning Support Services and VP at Alice Brown.
- Vanessa Jaggi is taking a parental leave from January – June 2016.
- The District is pleased to welcome Carmen Eberle from Prince George to the Langley School District. She will be the principal at Langley Meadows during Vanessa’s absence (a placement for Carmen in September will be determined in the Spring).
Lynda Reeve, currently at Langley Fundamental Elementary School has accepted a position in the Surrey School District as Assistant Superintendent.
- Deah Paton will be replacing Lynda at LFE.
- Stephanie Labby will replace Deah at YCMS.
- Ron Dorland, currently a Surrey teacher, will be joining the Langley District as Vice-Principal at Lynn Fripps.
At the School Board Office
Trudy Ardnt-Harrison is retiring from her position as Director of Finance.
Rod Hull is joining the District as Purchasing and Logistics Manager.