Election Day: Use of School Sites
October 15, 2020
On Saturday October 24, many of the school gyms across the District will be used as provincial election polling stations on General Voting Day from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm. As guided by Section 81 of the Election Act “accommodation in a school that is the property of a board of school trustees under the School Act must be made available by the board for use as a voting place.” As always, the health and safety of students, staff and school community is a priority. With COVID-19, the District understands this may raise some questions and concerns about the use of school property.
In an effort to be transparent with families, the District is sharing the following information with the community:
- 32 school sites will be used. Please see full list below.
- Gymnasiums will be used. No public access to other parts of the school.
- Set-up will occur the day before. No students on site due to Pro-D day.
- Elections BC staff will follow their own cleaning protocols on election day.
- District custodial staff will be cleaning sites prior to school on Monday.
- Please take note of extra traffic in the area of these sites on election day.
The District appreciates the support and cooperation from our students, staff, and school communities.
|Alice Brown Elementary|
|Aldergrove Community Secondary|
|Alex Hope Elementary|
|Betty Gilbert Middle|
|Blacklock Fine Arts Elementary|
|Coghlan Fundamental Elementary|
|D.W. Poppy Secondary|
|Dorothy Peacock Elementary|
|Douglas Park Community|
|Fort Langley Elementary|
|Gordon Greenwood Elementary|
|H.D. Stafford Middle|
|James Hill Elementary|
|Langley Fine Arts School|
|Langley Fundamental Elementary|
|Langley Meadows Community|
|Lynn Fripps Elementary|
|North Otter Elementary|
|Peter Ewart Middle|
|R.C. Garnett Demonstration|
|Richard Bulpitt Elementary|
|Walnut Grove Secondary|
|West Langley Elementary|
|Yorkson Creek Middle|