Election Day: Use of School Sites
September 14, 2021
On Monday September 20, many of our school gyms across the District will be used as federal election polling stations from 7am – 7pm. As guided by Section 81 of the Election Act “accommodation in a school that is the property of a board of school trustees under the School Act must be made available by the board for use as a voting place.” As always, the health and safety of our students, staff and school community is a priority. With COVID-19, we understand this may raise some questions and concerns about the use of District property.
In an effort to be transparent with our families, the District wants you to know the following:
- 28 school sites will be used. Please see full list below.
- Gymnasiums will be used. No public access to other parts of the school.
- Set-up will occur early morning on election day.
- Elections Canada staff will follow their own cleaning protocols on election day.
- District custodial staff will be cleaning sites prior to school opening on Tuesday.
- Please take note of extra traffic in the area of these sites on election day. It may be helpful for families to give yourself extra time for drop-off and pick-up, or consider walking to and from school to avoid congestion, and to keep everyone safe.
The District appreciates the support and cooperation from our students, staff, and school communities.
|Aldergrove Community Secondary|
|Alex Hope Elementary|
|Alice Brown Elementary|
|Blacklock Fine Arts|
|Douglas Park Elementary|
|D.W. Poppy Secondary|
|Fort Langley Elementary|
|Gordon Greenwood Elementary|
|James Hill Elementary|
|James Kennedy Elementary|
|Langley Fine Arts School|
|Langley Fundamental Elementary|
|Langley Meadows Community Elementary|
|Lynn Fripps Elementary|
|Noel Booth Elementary|
|Parkside Centennial Elementary|
|Peter Ewart Middle|
|Richard Bulpitt Elementary|
|Shortreed Community Elementary|
|Walnut Grove Secondary|
|Yorkson Creek Middle|