Updates from the District
to view past updates, please visit our updates archive.
The health and safety of all students, staff and school communities is our top priority. The Langley School District is continuing to take direction from the Ministry of Education and Fraser Health Authority with regards to the novel coronavirus.
Update March 31, 2021
The District has shared an update with the school community on March 31, 2021. See the documents below.
The District has shared an Information Bulletin with the school community on March 30, 2021. See the document below.
The District is sharing updated daily health check forms with school communities. These forms mirror the Ministry of Education’s online K to 12 Health Check which can be found here. A mobile app version is also available for download called, K to 12 Health Checker.
The English and translated versions of the form are found below and also here.
The School Board Office is open to the public. For hours and health and safety guidelines, be sure to visit our Visitor Health & Safety page.
Recreation facilities on all sites are open to the public. Playgrounds are open.
Rental/booking of District sites by community user groups has been suspended but does not apply to childcare operators.
For other COVID-19 community related updates:
Township-specific updates, service interruptions, and other useful links and information can be found on the Township of Langley website at Tol.ca/COVID19.
City of Langley specific updates, service interruptions, and other useful links and information can be found on the City of Langley website at langleycity.ca/covid-19.
Fraser Health Authority updates can be found on their website at fraserhealth.ca/COVID19.
- The BC Centre for Disease Control’s COVID-19 dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/hea…/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
- Information about COVID-19, including information for schools and families, is regularly updated on the BC Centre for Disease Control site: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/childcare-schools
- All joint statements from Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister of Health Adrian Dix are posted here: https://news.gov.bc.ca/ministries/health
- The Provincial Pandemic Coordination plan: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/reports-publications/pandemic-provincial-coordination-plan.pdf
- Ministry of Health response plans – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/pandemic-influenza
- Government of Canada – Novel Coronavirus Travel Health Notice: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/210
Last updated: March 31, 2021