Updates from the District
to view past updates, please visit our updates archive.
The health and safety of all students, staff and school communities is our top priority. The Langley School District is continuing to take direction from the Ministry of Education and Fraser Health Authority with regards to the novel coronavirus.
Update April 3, 2020
On Friday, April 3, the Langley School District updated parents/guardians and students with a new information bulletin:
Video Message from Superintendent of Schools, Gord Stewart (Directly below)
The School Board Office is closed to the public.
Recreation facilities and playgrounds on all sites are closed to the public.
Rental/booking of District sites by community user groups has been suspended but does not apply to childcare operators.
The District has created a webpage for Frequently Asked Questions as they relate to our school district here.
For other COVID-19 community related updates:
Township-specific updates, service interruptions, and other useful links and information can be found on the Township of Langley website at Tol.ca/COVID19.
Fraser Health Authority updates can be found on their website at fraserhealth.ca/COVID19.
For Ministry of Education updates see below:
Today, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix announced 53 new cases of COVID-19 in B.C. bringing the total number of cases to 1174. Note: 673 people have now fully recovered that’s a 57% recovery rate. The joint statement is posted on the Ministry of Health newsroom here: https://news.gov.bc.ca/ministries/health
Education Minister Rob Fleming answers questions submitted by Global BC viewers. The segment, called “Focus BC,” will air on BC1 throughout the weekend and next week and is posted here: https://globalnews.ca/national/program/focus-bc
- The Ministry of Education Keep Learning website – https://www.openschool.bc.ca/keeplearning/
- Mar. 27 – A joint letter for Parents from Minister Fleming and the BCCPAC- https://www.gov.bc.ca/safeschools
- Frequent Asked Questions “Continuity of Learning in the K-12 education system” – https://www.gov.bc.ca/safeschools
- Education Minister Rob Fleming announces on March 17, 2020 in-school classes are suspended until further notice. The Minister’s letter to parents and staff can be found at: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/education/administration/kindergarten-to-grade-12/safe-caring-orderly/218690-covid-letter.pdf
- Information about COVID-19, including information for schools and families, is regularly updated on the BC Centre for Disease Control site: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/childcare-schools
- All joint statements from Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister of Health Adrian Dix are posted here: https://news.gov.bc.ca/ministries/health
- The Provincial Pandemic Coordination plan: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/reports-publications/pandemic-provincial-coordination-plan.pdf
- KIDS and COVID-19 QA: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)#For–schools–and–childcare
- Ministry of Health response plans – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/pandemic-influenza
- Government of Canada – Novel Coronavirus in China Travel Health Notice: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/210