Updates from the District
to view past updates, please visit our updates archive.
The health and safety of all students, staff and school communities is our top priority. The Langley School District is continuing to take direction from the Ministry of Education and Fraser Health Authority with regards to the novel coronavirus.
Update July 29, 2020
The District posted an Information Bulletin on July 29. Please see below.
The Ministry of Education has distributed the following documents on July 29:
The School Board Office is open to the public.
Recreation facilities on all sites are open to the public. Playgrounds are open.
Rental/booking of District sites by community user groups has been suspended but does not apply to childcare operators.
For other COVID-19 community related updates:
Township-specific updates, service interruptions, and other useful links and information can be found on the Township of Langley website at Tol.ca/COVID19.
Fraser Health Authority updates can be found on their website at fraserhealth.ca/COVID19.
For Ministry of Education updates see below:
Ministry of Education COVID-19 daily updates will resume again in the fall.
- June 19 – BC Centre for Disease Control has updated its website with the most recent information on school safety and child care safety protocols. Please see http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/childcare-schools
- June 2 – Information Bulletin -Nearly 60,000 students return on first day of in-class instruction – https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020EDUC0037-000999
- May 15 – News release – Part time return to school for K to 12 students to begin on June 1st – https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020PREM0026-000890
- May 6 – B.C.’s Restart Plan news release – https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020PREM0026-000826
- May 6 – As part the Restart Plan news release, the province outlined the Ministry of Education’s five stage approach to supporting students, families and staff in a backgrounder – https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/BG_Parks_and_Sites_and_In-Class_Learning.pdf
- Check out the Good News in Education webpage: https://www.gov.bc.ca/safeschools/goodnews
- The BC Centre for Disease Control’s COVID-19 dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/hea…/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
- The Ministry of Education Keep Learning website – https://www.openschool.bc.ca/keeplearning/
- “7 Tips for talking to kids about COVID-19” poster on the Fraser Health website – https://www.fraserhealth.ca/health-topics-a-to-z/coronavirus/resources#.XqHcNc5KhPZ
- May 15 – Frequent Asked Questions “Continuity of Learning in the K-12 education system” – https://www.gov.bc.ca/safeschools
- Education Minister Rob Fleming announces on March 17, 2020 in-school classes are suspended until further notice. The Minister’s letter to parents and staff can be found at: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/education/administration/kindergarten-to-grade-12/safe-caring-orderly/218690-covid-letter.pdf
- Information about COVID-19, including information for schools and families, is regularly updated on the BC Centre for Disease Control site: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/childcare-schools
- All joint statements from Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister of Health Adrian Dix are posted here: https://news.gov.bc.ca/ministries/health
- The Provincial Pandemic Coordination plan: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/reports-publications/pandemic-provincial-coordination-plan.pdf
- KIDS and COVID-19 QA: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)#For–schools–and–childcare
- Ministry of Health response plans – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/pandemic-influenza
- Government of Canada – Novel Coronavirus in China Travel Health Notice: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/210
Last updated: July 29, 2020