Updates from the District
to view past updates, please visit our updates archive.
The health and safety of all students, staff and school communities is our top priority. The Langley School District is continuing to take direction from the Ministry of Education and Fraser Health Authority with regards to the novel coronavirus.
Update May 28, 2020
The District distributed a Return to School Instruction Parent Guide on May 28.
Please click on the link below to view:
Please see the District’s Return to School Instruction Plan and Letter to Parents from May 27, 2020 below.
On May 22, 2020 the District sent home this Information Bulletin below.
On May 20, 2020, the District sent home the following letters to parents/guardians.
Please see the Superintendent’s information bulletin below from May 15. Translated versions are also available.
The School Board Office is open to the public.
Recreation facilities on all sites are open to the public. Playgrounds remain closed.
Rental/booking of District sites by community user groups has been suspended but does not apply to childcare operators.
The District has created a webpage for Frequently Asked Questions as they relate to our school district here.
For other COVID-19 community related updates:
Township-specific updates, service interruptions, and other useful links and information can be found on the Township of Langley website at Tol.ca/COVID19.
Fraser Health Authority updates can be found on their website at fraserhealth.ca/COVID19.
For Ministry of Education updates see below:
Today, Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix announced 9 new cases of COVID-19 in B.C., bringing the total number of cases to 2,558. The total number of people who have recovered from COVID-19 in B.C. is 2,153 that’s a84% recovery rate. The joint statement is posted on the Ministry of Health newsroom – https://news.gov.bc.ca/ministries/health
The Provincial Health Officer is looking for your help as she surveys British Columbians on their own personal response to COVID-19. You can participate in the survey – Your Story, Our Future – at: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/covid-19-survey. The survey will be open until May 31st.
You can find daily COVID-19 testing numbers on the BC Centre for Disease Control’s COVID-19 dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/hea…/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
- May 15 – News release – Part time return to school for K to 12 students to begin on June 1st – https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020PREM0026-000890
- May 6 – B.C.’s Restart Plan news release – https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020PREM0026-000826
- May 6 – As part the Restart Plan news release, the province outlined the Ministry of Education’s five stage approach to supporting students, families and staff in a backgrounder – https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/BG_Parks_and_Sites_and_In-Class_Learning.pdf
- Check out the Good News in Education webpage: https://www.gov.bc.ca/safeschools/goodnews
- The BC Centre for Disease Control’s COVID-19 dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/hea…/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
- The Ministry of Education Keep Learning website – https://www.openschool.bc.ca/keeplearning/
- “7 Tips for talking to kids about COVID-19” poster on the Fraser Health website – https://www.fraserhealth.ca/health-topics-a-to-z/coronavirus/resources#.XqHcNc5KhPZ
- May 15 – Frequent Asked Questions “Continuity of Learning in the K-12 education system” – https://www.gov.bc.ca/safeschools
- Education Minister Rob Fleming announces on March 17, 2020 in-school classes are suspended until further notice. The Minister’s letter to parents and staff can be found at: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/education/administration/kindergarten-to-grade-12/safe-caring-orderly/218690-covid-letter.pdf
- Information about COVID-19, including information for schools and families, is regularly updated on the BC Centre for Disease Control site: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/childcare-schools
- All joint statements from Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister of Health Adrian Dix are posted here: https://news.gov.bc.ca/ministries/health
- The Provincial Pandemic Coordination plan: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/reports-publications/pandemic-provincial-coordination-plan.pdf
- KIDS and COVID-19 QA: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)#For–schools–and–childcare
- Ministry of Health response plans – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/pandemic-influenza
- Government of Canada – Novel Coronavirus in China Travel Health Notice: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/210
Last updated: May 28, 2020