Updates from the District
to view past updates, please visit our updates archive.
The health and safety of all students, staff and school communities is our top priority. The Langley School District is continuing to take direction from the Ministry of Education and Fraser Health Authority with regards to the novel coronavirus.
Update September 18, 2020
The District shared a COVID-19 Information Bulletin on September 18, 2020. Please see below.
The District distributed its Transition Support Model and a COVID-19 Information Bulletin on September 3. Please see below.
The School Board Office is open to the public. For hours and health and safety guidelines, be sure to visit our Visitor Health & Safety page.
Recreation facilities on all sites are open to the public. Playgrounds are open.
Rental/booking of District sites by community user groups has been suspended but does not apply to childcare operators.
For other COVID-19 community related updates:
Township-specific updates, service interruptions, and other useful links and information can be found on the Township of Langley website at Tol.ca/COVID19.
Fraser Health Authority updates can be found on their website at fraserhealth.ca/COVID19.
For Daily Ministry of Education updates see below:
Ministry of Education COVID-19 daily updates will resume again in the fall.
- The BC Centre for Disease Control’s COVID-19 dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/hea…/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
- Information about COVID-19, including information for schools and families, is regularly updated on the BC Centre for Disease Control site: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/childcare-schools
- All joint statements from Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister of Health Adrian Dix are posted here: https://news.gov.bc.ca/ministries/health
- The Provincial Pandemic Coordination plan: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/reports-publications/pandemic-provincial-coordination-plan.pdf
- Ministry of Health response plans – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/pandemic-influenza
- Government of Canada – Novel Coronavirus in China Travel Health Notice: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/210
Last updated: September 18, 2020