Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions. If after consulting this list you have further questions, please submit them via email to email@example.com
Are there specific times when the Langley School District’s hires TTOC’s?
- The Langley School District does hire throughout the year and we focus on areas of need.
If I want to complete the TTOC Application process but don’t have one of the items in yet, what should I do?
- Your profile through Make a Future can be updated and edited at any time. When the documents you are missing become available to you, simply log in to your account and upload in the proper areas.
If I don’t hear from the School District, what should I do?
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, only those applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
If I have changed my name from the one that was indicated on any documentation, what should I do?
- You must attach a photocopy of a change of name verification (i.e. Marriage certificate) with your application.
If my BC College of Teachers’ membership is more than one year old what do I do?
- A photocopy of your current membership card or a letter confirming your active membership status must be attached to your application.
When should I get a criminal record check done?
- A criminal records check does not need to be done until after the interview stage.
Who pays for the required criminal records check?
- All successful applicants must agree to undergo a district required criminal records check. This is in addition to the CRC required by the BC Certification Branch. Costs incurred are paid by the applicant.
Do you have any advice on how to get hired quicker?
- We require a certain amount of each Teachable Subject area on our TTOC list, and we hire based on those areas. Traditionally, areas of need such as Kindergarten, Resource, Tech Ed, French, and ELL are in demand.
- If you have been short-listed, reference checks are done before the interview stage, so make sure that your references know they might be contacted (usually via email.) Without reference checks, an interview will not be set up.
If I haven’t heard from the Langley School district after a certain amount of time, should I apply again?
- All files are kept for one year, if you have not been contacted by anyone at the Langley School District for a year, feel free to apply again.
If I have gone to more than one College or University, should I include all the transcripts or only the one where I got my degree from?
- Include all transcripts and documentation.
Is there someone specific that I should put attention to for my application?
- Your application does not need to be addressed to anyone specific. Feel free to just put “Attention: Human Resources Department”
If I am already teaching in another district, can I still apply to the Langley School District?
- Yes, you can still apply to the Langley School District, you can teach in more than one district.
- Please note that TTOCs that are committed to Langley School District full time will get priority for callouts.
Do I have a better chance of getting a position if I bring my application in person?
- We do not accept applications in person. You must create an account through Make a Future, and apply to one of the Job Postings.
If I have questions in regards to the application process, who should I contact?
- Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from the Human Resource department will respond as soon as possible.
Who can my references be?
- We ask that your references be professional references such as Administrative Officers (Principals or VPs), Faculty Associates, School Associates, or other professionals in a supervisory/administrative capacity who have observed you teaching. Please do not send character references or other work experience references, only professional references will be accepted.
If contacted for an interview, is there anything specific that should be brought to the interview?
- Nothing is required for the interview unless specifically asked for when you are contacted to schedule the interview.
- If there is anything – such as a portfolio, website, etc. – that you feel demonstrates your teaching expertise feel free to bring that, otherwise, just yourself!